Monday, January 30, 2012

Montana Winter Fly Fishing

X-treme Winter Fishing


I'm not much of winter trout fisherman anymore.  I enjoy it, and it's a nice diversion this time of year when there's not much going on.  I just feel sorry for the poor bastards.  We chase trout so hard from March through October that I feel they deserve a little break.  That has led to afternoon fishing excursions with my daughter Kaitlyn in the living room.  She's got a pretty good cast these days but her mends could use a little work....couldn't everybody's!  Still, it beats the hell out of playing Barbies and doing tea parties.  Of course, cabin fever could strike at any moment and all the above goes out the window when the need to feel a bent rod overwhelms any shallow feelings of pity for the poor trout.

No comments:

Post a Comment